Wednesday, August 19, 2009

I will be here when you are ready to roll with the changes

Wow, what a great 48th birthday I had last Saturday! Becca made my favorite breakfast casserole, usually reserved only for Christmas morning, and served me breakfast in bed. Scott and I took off about 11:00 and spent the day touring Yadkin River Valley wineries, most notably Divine Llama Vineyards. There are about 3 dozen llamas there, but only three were out to play. The rest were lazing in the shade of the barn, which was down the road from the tasting room. Really good wines, really beautiful site, wonderful friendly owners...it was great! We visited a couple of others before we started home, but that was the best. I wanted to have a wine flight with lunch or dinner, but the two nearby wineries with restaurants were unavailable that day, one for a wedding, the other under mysterious circumstances that nobody could explain. What was that? Anyhow, we stopped at Outback in Salisbury and picked up dinner to have with one of the yummy bottles of Divine Llama Cabernet Franc. And Becca baked a Deep Dark Chocolate Cake, which is one of my very favorites. What a perfect day!

On the fiber front, I wanted to post some pictures of my baby blanket, which missed the baby shower entirely and still isn't in the mail. :( Gotta get that done! I have almost finished one of Annette's entrelac socks, and am working on the million pieces of a secret project (just in case the friend finds this blog!) that is a very special gift for that friend. Pics and details later...






I hate that these are so dark, but I really don 't have anyplace in my house with really good light for photos!

No comments: